The benefits of transferring agency:
- Better allowances and fees that recognise the commitment and skills.
- Better respite care for foster carers and foster children.
- Better matched and more regular placements.
- Better training programmes and access to NVQ and foundation courses.
- Better supervision and support, essential for all foster carers to do their job well and safely.
- Better practical support around family contact for foster children
- Better support to help meet the needs of specific children such as ‘foster children’s support groups’.
- New experience such as parent and child fostering, therapeutic fostering or caring for disabled children.